Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb liver
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups meat stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salt (for flour)
- 6 carrots, scraped, halved
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered I prefer
- flour (for dredging liver)
- On a deep dish plate, add flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Next, dredge your liver on both sides.
- Brown it in the bacon drippings w/ the onion and celery.
- In a greased casserole dish, add the liver, stock, salt, pepper.
- Cook covered in 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan and add carrots and potatoes.
- Return back to oven and cook for 45 minutes more. Remove and add the bacon strips and put back into oven until bacon is crispy.