A very inexpensive and healthy main dish. Even people who are not fond of liver will eat it cooked this way. Especially good when sweet Vidalia onions are in season. We typically serve with macaroni and cheese and spinach for added iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dredge sliced liver in seasoned flour.
- 2Brown liver on both sides in oiled skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Place onions on top of liver in skillet.
- 4Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water, pour on top of liver and onions.
- 5Cover and simmer on low until onions are tender and broth forms a thin gravy.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Beef Liver and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 416.0 mg
- Sodium 515.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 31.8 g