Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very inexpensive and healthy main dish. Even people who are not fond of liver will eat it cooked this way. Especially good when sweet Vidalia onions are in season. We typically serve with macaroni and cheese and spinach for added iron.
- seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef liver, sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water, hot
- Dredge sliced liver in seasoned flour.
- Brown liver on both sides in oiled skillet over medium high heat.
- Place onions on top of liver in skillet.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water, pour on top of liver and onions.
- Cover and simmer on low until onions are tender and broth forms a thin gravy.