Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I've never actually tried this recipe--it's my best guess to correct my mistakes from last time I tried this dish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 lb boneless beef short rib (or similar tough cut of beef)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 lb asiago-filled tortellini, boiled
- Heat oil on high heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Toss short ribs in flour, add to pan, and sear on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic; cook and stir for about 1 min.
- Add tomato, mushrooms, Marsala wine, and Italian seasoning one at a time, allowing about 1-2 min between each for liquid to evaporate.
- Cover pan and braise for 3 hr or until very tender, checking and stirring every 30 min to make sure liquid has not evaporated away (add more Marsala if liquid evaporates).
- Increase heat to medium high and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over tortelloni.
I actually had to add in a little heavy cream to get the color and consistency that I wanted, but it tasted just like at the restaurant. I'm sure I'll be making it again.....
This was really yummy! I added heavy whipping cream to it knocked it up a notch. I'm so very glad you made this post <3
Heavy cream is a must for this recipe to work... But it is absolutely delicious once you add heavy cream. Made it once, my wife requested it for Valentine's day