Chef #208121's Note:
Bean Curd equals Tofu. From the VS. They suggest over Thai Fragrant rice. I served mine over Shanghi noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coriander, roots chopped
- 2 teaspoons shoyu or 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 ounces regular firm tofu (bean curd)
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 fluid ounces dark vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1Cut the tofu aka bean curd in half horizontally, then cut each piece into 8 triangles (16 triangles in total). Note: Be sure to drain with a plate first before marinade.
- 2Marinade: Grind all the ingredients together forming a paste then place the beancurd triangles in a flat dish and cover with the marinade. Leave for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- 3Heat the oil and fry the marinated beancurd until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- 4Drain any excess oil remaining in the pan, then place the vegetable stock, shoyu, tomato puree and vinegar into the pan together with the arrowroot which should be made into a paste with a little cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring to thicken, and return the beancurd to the pan to heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the black pepper and sesame oil.
- 5Garnish with cucumber and spring onions and serve.
- 6Time here includes marinade.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Bean Curd With Garlic and Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.7
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 610.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: