Recipe by Charmie777
Soooo flavorful! The house smells wonderful while this is cooking!
Top Review by Nymphadora Tonks
I also added mushrooms when adding the onions and used more chicken stock than water. Incredibly awesome and a big hit with the family! The chicken itself was juicy and full of flavour then add on the sauce and WOW!
- 6 pieces bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces (or 8 pieces of your favorite cut)
- 1 lb onion, thinly sliced (or shallots)
- 1 head garlic, separated and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a deep heavy skilled until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, reserving bacon grease in skillet.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in bacon grease, in 2 batches, over medium high heat, turning, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Lower heat, add onions to skillet and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and continuing cooking until deep golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Add garlic and 1 cup water to skillet and bring to a boil, stirring 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet, turning pieces to coat, then arrange them skin side up and gently simmer, covered, until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving dish.
- Add balsamic vinegar to sauce and boil, uncovered, mashing garlic, until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over chicken, then sprinkle with bacon.