Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Received from a friend.
Make and share this Braised Balsamic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
I enjoyed it. Smelled heavenly as it cooked. The other eater didn't care for it cause it was too vinegar-y. I love vinegar and didn't think it was too vinegar-y. I thought it was very herb-y. In order to make sure the herbs blended well, I used a large measuring cup to measure the vinegar, added the tomatoes to the cup, and then the herbs. I mixed it together in the cup and added that to the onions and chicken in the pan. Instead of garlic salt, I used garlic powder and salt since I didn't have garlic salt. I cooked the chicken over medium and they took a little longer than 15 minutes. This caused the sauce to reduce down which reminds me that the quality of the balsamic is very important.
Fantastic on pasta. I added an extra can of tomatoes to make it more saucey, but kept the amount of balsamic the same. If you like balsamic, you'll love this.