Recipe by chia
these are just wonderful tender ribs with great flavor. we like this with stir fried rice or lo mein.
Top Review by Sharon123
chia, thumbs up! Well, I came home to fix the ribs and found that my husband had already broiled them. So I put them in the pan and followed the directions, except I just simmered them in the sauce about 15 minutes, to let it cook down. Oh, so good! I wasn't able to find anise seeds, but when I find them I will make this again. The sauce was so good, I think I will try it on some tofu! Thanks for a truly delicious recipe!
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 lbs baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in a large dutch oven.
- add ribs, garlic, cinammon, zest, and anise seed.
- cook quickly, searing both sides, about 5 minutes.
- add sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato and thyme.
- cover, reduce to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- add 1/4 c stock, cover and cook on low heat 45 mins-1 hour, turning every so often so the sauce gets on both sides.
- if it gets too thick or sticks add more broth.
- remove the ribs from the pan and deglaze it with the remaining 1/2 c stock.
- return the ribs to the pan, coat with the sauce, serve.