Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I developed this recipe for artichokes after having tired of simply steaming or boiling them and serving with vinaigrette. It's taken me about 5 years to finally develop this recipe and it's become a family favorite.
- Trim tops of artichokes just to choke.
- Slice garlic into slivers and insert 1/2 of amount amongst leaves and sprinkle rest in bottom of pot.
- Place prepared artichokes in pot just large enough to hold.
- Pour 1/4 cup each olive oil and white wine over artichokes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and thyme over artichokes.
- Pour chicken broth and water over chokes and top each with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Salt and pepper top of each choke and cover pot.
- Simmer chokes until tender (approximately 30-45 minutes).
- Serve the remaining sauce in bottom of pot as dipping sauce.
- Add a little more water if necessary should the liquid evaporate too much.
- NOTES: I remove chokes after cooking.
- The artichokes are much more tasty should you put them refrigerator in braising sauce for a day-- better in two days or more.
- Also ideal to serve hollandaise made with braising sauce.
- I sometimes remove the choke before placing in fridge and use the cavity for the hollandaise.