1/2 Photos of Braised and Barbecued Chicken Thighs
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was in my Southern Living 2003 Annual cookbook. I am posting it for a request for thighs. This is melt in your mouth good. I am amazed at how well it turned out. Delicious!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion top, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add chicken and saute for 6 minutes, turning once.
- 2Combine juices in a large bowl.
- 3Stir together cornstach and 1 TBSP juice mixture in another bowl and set aside.
- 4Stir soy sauce and next 6 ingredients into remaining juice mixture, pour over the chicken.
- 5Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 35 minutes, turning chicken after 20 minutes.
- 6Uncover chicken and stir in cornstarch mixture.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or util sauce is thickened.
- 8Serve on a bed of rice topped with the green onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised and Barbecued Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 1532.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 16.9 g