Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
(This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
Make and share this Brainless Banana Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork and add 1/4 cup of the milk, mixing together until there are no lumps.
- Add the banana, sweetener, and remaining milk to the dry mix and stir together until"just mixed".
- Portion out about 3/4 to 1 cup of the batter onto a hot non-stick pan or lightly oiled frying pan and cover with a lid.
- Let sit on medium heat until the center starts to bubble and become sturdy.
- Flip pancake over and cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat process until all the batter is gone.
- Garnish with frest fruit and maple syrup.
I'm not a vegan, but I had run out of eggs and really wanted pancakes so I decided to give this recipe a try. I used 1/2 wheat flour, skim milk, 2 tbsp of sugar instead of artificial sweetener and also added cinnamon and a tbsp of cocoa powder. These were very sweet and filling. I got 14 small pancakes, so this recipe could really feed 3 people. All in all in was pretty good, it tasted kind of like banana bread and it wasn't too different from egg pancakes.
I modified this recipe a bit to stick with a detox diet. You can use rice or almond milks, agave nectar for sweetener, and rice flour as I did and results come out wonderfully!
This is the best vegan pancake recipe I can find, and I tried a lot. I used whole wheat flour mixed in some ground flax and used some honey. THANKS!!!