Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family recipe of our neighbours. We loved it when they baked us this recipe. She shared it with me when I got married.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking ammonia
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 teaspoons peppermint oil
- 10 -11 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- Heat butter, milk and sugar til butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Add ammonia, baking powder, oil and eggs.
- Take 3 bowls and add 2 cups of flour to each bowl. Add 1 cup of liquid to each bowl. Add red food colouring to one bowl, green to another and leave one white. Mix well. Add 1-2 cups of colour to each bowl (its a sticky dough). Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough, layering one colour on top of another. Cut into shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.