Recipe by Ameliahead
Definitely health food. I think it is quite tasty, but if you are not used to such light, vegetarian fare, you may not like it. From a Joyva tahini ad.
Top Review by White Rose Child
I used firm, regular tofu, marinated in recipe #55536 overnight (deeelicious!). Since I don't like avocado that stayed out. It was great with cherry tomatoes, lentil sprouts and soy yogurt. Thanks for a delicious, light lunch I'll surely make again!
- 4 piece whole wheat pita bread (large ones work best)
- 226.79 g soft tofu (I use extra firm silken and it is perfect)
- 236.59 ml fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced (I use quartered cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 236.59 ml mixed sprouts (I like mung bean sprouts, for the crunch)
- 236.59 ml low-fat yogurt or 236.59 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml tahini (I like a little extra)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until blended.
- Slice an edge from each pita bread, and carefully open pockets.
- In a medium bowl, combine tofu, tomatoes, and spinach. Add 1/4 cup of sauce and toss gently to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into each pocket.
- Divide sprouts and avocado among the sandwiches.
- Drizzle each with 1 Tbs of tahini sauce. Serve right away.