1/1 Photo of Brain Power Pita Pockets
Definitely health food. I think it is quite tasty, but if you are not used to such light, vegetarian fare, you may not like it. From a Joyva tahini ad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pieces whole wheat pita bread (large ones work best)
- 8 ounces soft tofu (I use extra firm silken and it is perfect)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced (I use quartered cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup mixed sprouts (I like mung bean sprouts, for the crunch)
- 1In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until blended.
- 2Slice an edge from each pita bread, and carefully open pockets.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine tofu, tomatoes, and spinach. Add 1/4 cup of sauce and toss gently to mix.
- 4Spoon the mixture into each pocket.
- 5Divide sprouts and avocado among the sandwiches.
- 6Drizzle each with 1 Tbs of tahini sauce. Serve right away.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brain Power Pita Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pita bread