Definitely health food. I think it is quite tasty, but if you are not used to such light, vegetarian fare, you may not like it. From a Joyva tahini ad.
- 4 pieces whole wheat pita bread (large ones work best)
- 8 ounces soft tofu (I use extra firm silken and it is perfect)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced (I use quartered cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup mixed sprouts (I like mung bean sprouts, for the crunch)
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt or 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (I like a little extra)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- salt, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until blended.
- Slice an edge from each pita bread, and carefully open pockets.
- In a medium bowl, combine tofu, tomatoes, and spinach. Add 1/4 cup of sauce and toss gently to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into each pocket.
- Divide sprouts and avocado among the sandwiches.
- Drizzle each with 1 Tbs of tahini sauce. Serve right away.