1/8 Photos of Brain Gelatin
For those lucky, lucky people with the brain-shaped molds for gelatin. Available on mcphee.com among other places. Time does not include refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes gelatin, mix any flavor (peach or watermelon give the best color)
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 9 ounces fat-free evaporated milk (must be fat-free or it will curdle)
to make gray
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 15 drops blue food coloring
- 1Before each use, wash the mold with warm soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge.
- 2Spray or smear the inside of the mold with a small amount of vegetable oil, then wipe out the excess.
- 3Put the gelatin mix in a large bowl and add the boiling water.
- 4Stir about two minutes until the mix is dissolved.
- 5Stir in the cold water.
- 6Stir in the evaporated milk and food coloring.
- 7Adjust coloring until it is the perfect pinkish-gray and stir.
- 8Pour the mixture in the brain mold, stopping about 1/4 inch from the top.
- 9Place the brain mold in a shallow bowl so it will sit level, and refrigerate overnight.
- 10To remove the brain, shake the mold gently until the gelatin loosens.
- 11Place a flat plate upside down over the open side of the mold, then flip the mold and the plate together.
- 12Lift the mold off, leaving the brain on the plate.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brain Gelatin
Serving Size: 1 (1231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1326.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 972.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 307.0 g