1/2 Photos of Brain Cookies With Blood Glaze
A great halloween cookie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 9 drops blue food coloring
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 35 drops red food coloring
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 4Into a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 5Alternating with the eggs, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well after the each addition.
- 6Fold in the nuts, vanilla, and red and blue food coloring, being careful not to overmix the dough.
- 7Place the dough in batches in a potato grinder and push the dough out onto the prepared baking sheets in long tubes of dough.
- 8With your fingers, loosely pat and arrange the dough strands into clumps resembling brains, pushing to form 2 hemispheres and shaping into a walnut-like shape.
- 9Bake until golden brown on the bottom, 12 to 14 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 11To make the blood glaze: in a small bowl, combine the icing sugar with the food coloring to make a thick glaze, whisking together.
- 12Drizzle the "blood" onto the cookies and serve either warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brain Cookies With Blood Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 82.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g