Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Tana Amen's book: Change your Brain, Change your Body cookbook. I like what it does for my brain and body, but having it cold is tough. Next time I make it I'm warming it gently before eating.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon raw almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Advance preparation: combine all ingredients except apple, banana, fresh blueberries and almond milk. Soak overnight.
- Grate apple, slice banana, add to mixture.
- Place in serving bowls, sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Add milk or coconut milk yogurt and serve.
- Can try warming it gently if you like.