1/4 Photos of Braided Sweet Bread
2 hrs 35 mins
This recipe comes from my best friend's aunt. It is a wonderful, chewy sweet bread that I can't keep my hands off of whenever I make it! Just a great, simple sweet bread recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together water, warm milk, and yeast.
- 2Add melted margarine, sugar, salt and flour.
- 3Knead dough, place in bowl, cover and let rise in warm place 1 hour.
- 4Divide dough into 6 parts.
- 5Shape dough into 6 long pieces (length of baking sheet).
- 6On baking sheet, braid 3 of the pieces together like you would hair, then braid remaining 3 pieces together.
- 7Cover and let raise 1 more hour.
- 8Brush beaten egg on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braided Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1584.5
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 2144.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 275.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 39.9 g