- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour (use more to knead)
- 1 beaten egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together water, warm milk, and yeast.
- Add melted margarine, sugar, salt and flour.
- Knead dough, place in bowl, cover and let rise in warm place 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 6 parts.
- Shape dough into 6 long pieces (length of baking sheet).
- On baking sheet, braid 3 of the pieces together like you would hair, then braid remaining 3 pieces together.
- Cover and let raise 1 more hour.
- Brush beaten egg on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.