Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Three cheeses blend with favorite pizza ingredients, all wrapped in a tender crust. I found this on the Pillsbury website. It's a former bake-off recipe. I'm posting it here to save it.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated classic pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons boursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Canadian bacon
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 -2 teaspoon poppy seed
- pizza sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough on cookie sheet, forming 14x11-inch rectangle.
- Spread garlic and herb cheese lengthwise down center 1/3 of rectangle to within 1/2 inch of short ends. Top with Canadian bacon, pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling. Fold ends under to seal.
- In small bowl, mix egg yolk and water until well blended. Brush over dough; sprinkle with poppy seed.
- Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into crosswise slices. Serve with pizza sauce.
This easy-prep recipe made for a great main course for us the other night! Enjoyed the bacon & pepperoni combo & I was so intrigued with the poppy seed that I actually used more than listed! VERY, VERY NICE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]