Here's a favorite dish that's a delight to make for your family and friends because it's tasty, easy, and pretty to serve!! Enjoy! Originally from Pillsbury via "With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart" blog (see the pictorial).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup peas (because we like peas, we toss them in as well) (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten (if multiple recipes are made, 1 egg is still enough)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1In large bowl, combine filling ingredients.
- 2Separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet with long sides overlapping 1/2”. Firmly press perforations and edges to seal. Press to form 14x9 rectangle.
- 3Spoon chicken mixture in 3” strip lengthwise down center of dough. Cut 1” strips of dough from chicken to edge. Fold strips of dough at an angle alternating sides.
- 4Brush with egg, sprinkle with almonds.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braided Chicken Almandine
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 257.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g