1/4 Photos of Braided Challah Bread (Bread Machine)
Easy to do using your bread machine to make the dough. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds before baking to add more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- 2Set on dough cycle.
- 3Place dough onto a lightly floured board and divide into three equal parts.
- 4Stretch or roll each part into 9" ropes and braid.
- 5Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°.
- 7Mix together one egg yolk and a tablespoon of water and brush over bread, then sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- 8Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braided Challah Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1725.6
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 377.6 mg
- Sodium 1189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 291.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 39.4 g