Easy to do using your bread machine to make the dough. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds before baking to add more flavor.
- Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Set on dough cycle.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured board and divide into three equal parts.
- Stretch or roll each part into 9" ropes and braid.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together one egg yolk and a tablespoon of water and brush over bread, then sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.