Recipe by Marie
Easy to do using your bread machine to make the dough. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds before baking to add more flavor.
Top Review by Jezski
Marie, a very good recipe. I made it exactly as written, making it into 2 smaller loaves. It browned very nicely. Just a little hint for beginners: when braiding, start in the middle, braid to the end, then turn loaf and continue braiding to the other end. That makes a nicer, more even loaf. Thanks for posting...Janet
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Set on dough cycle.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured board and divide into three equal parts.
- Stretch or roll each part into 9" ropes and braid.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together one egg yolk and a tablespoon of water and brush over bread, then sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.