Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from Studio 5 and I can't wait to make this for my family.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh green onions
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 8 large whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Over medium heat, melt butter in skillet. Add green onions and sauté until limp. Add hash brown potatoes and green pepper; cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender. Stir in drained mushrooms and ham. Add eggs; scramble just until set. Remove from heat, stir in cheese. Allow to cool while preparing bread dough. Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Spray clean counter or large cutting board with non-stick spray. Roll thawed bread dough into a 12x15 inch rectangle. Place cooled egg hash brown filling down center of dough (4-inches wide and 1 inch from top and bottom of rectangle). Cut 2-inch wide strips horizontally from the edge of the dough to within 1-inch of filling. Fold top strip down over filling. Fold bottom strip up over filling. Begin braid by bringing strips of dough over top of filling, folding strips right over left to create a braid on top of bread. Tuck the bottom strips under loaf. Gently lift bread and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush top with beaten egg white and sprinkle with optional sesame seeds. Bake 30-35 minutes or until browned. Cool slightly before slicing and serving.