1/9 Photos of Brady Bunch Pork Chops
2 hrs 12 mins
I think this recipe is an absolute gem. Really, in all my years of cooking, I don't think I have ever made chops as delectable as these! Crispy-crunchy on the outside, meltingly tender and moist on the inside. The key, I think, is the salty milk marinade/brine, and making sure not to overcook them. Thanks to Gourmet Magazine for this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large shallow dish, like a 9x13 pan, stir together milk and first amount of salt.
- 2Add pork chops (you could use bone-in chops, if you wish) and marinate (if you want to call it that; it's more of a milk brine methinks), covered and in fridge, for at least one hour (maximum 4 hours).
- 3Turn chops once, halfway through marinating/brining time.
- 4When ready to cook chops, preheat oven to 200F and have ready an ovenproof platter.
- 5In a shallow dish (like a pie plate), combine freshly made bread crumbs (grind bread in food processor to make crumbs; you'll need about 8 slices) with garlic powder, rosemary, thyme and remaining amount of salt.
- 6Remove chops from milk and let excess milk drip off, then dredge chops in bread crumbs, lightly patting crumbs onto both sides of chops so they adhere.
- 7Place breaded pork chops on a tray, keeping chops in one layer.
- 8In a large 12-inch skillet over high heat, place butter and oil.
- 9Saute chops, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side only.
- 10DO NOT OVERCOOK, do not crowd chops in skillet, and turn only once; chops should be golden brown and just cooked through.
- 11Place cooked chops on platter and keep warm in preheated oven.
- 12Cook remaining chops (you may have to do 3 batches, depending on the size of your pan and how many chops you do); add more oil and butter to pan if necessary (it likely will be).
- 13I recommend serving with applesauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brady Bunch Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 1324.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 32.8 g