Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I was looking for a good meatball recipe and there were several out there. However, I wanted something a bit different... so let's play! I began to gather ingredients and a vision. They turned out to be really good! Try them and let me know what you think!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 16 ounces Hormel chili without beans
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (I used a Taco Bell taco seasoning packet)
- 15 Ritz crackers (hand crushed)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cheese (I use shredded colby and monterey jack mix)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the hamburger and crushed crackers in a large bowl. Next, add the chili and egg. I find that mixing with a fork is best. Now add the chopped onion and green pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Form into 1.5 to 2 inch balls and place them into two 9 x 13 baking dishes sprayed well with a non-stick coating. There will 12 in one dish and approximately 5 in the other.
- Place in the preheated oven. Cook for 55 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and top each of the meatballs with the shredded cheese mixture.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- We enjoyed these best when served with tortilla chips, salsa, and jalepenos (if you dare).
Daderella's Taco Meatballs were ammmaaazinggg! :) I would deffinatly eat them again if he made them for dinner!