1 hr 5 mins
I was looking for a good meatball recipe and there were several out there. However, I wanted something a bit different... so let's play! I began to gather ingredients and a vision. They turned out to be really good! Try them and let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean hamburger
- 16 ounces Hormel chili without beans
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning (I used a Taco Bell taco seasoning packet)
- 15 Ritz crackers (hand crushed)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cheese (I use shredded colby and monterey jack mix)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine the hamburger and crushed crackers in a large bowl. Next, add the chili and egg. I find that mixing with a fork is best. Now add the chopped onion and green pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- 3Form into 1.5 to 2 inch balls and place them into two 9 x 13 baking dishes sprayed well with a non-stick coating. There will 12 in one dish and approximately 5 in the other.
- 4Place in the preheated oven. Cook for 55 minutes.
- 5Carefully remove from the oven and top each of the meatballs with the shredded cheese mixture.
- 6Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 7Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- 8We enjoyed these best when served with tortilla chips, salsa, and jalepenos (if you dare).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brad's Taco Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 1707.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g