Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this at http:\www.oldetimecooking.com a while back. I finally got around to trying this last week. It's a keeper. The my two teenagers even ate leftovers OMG! I had mine over a large baked potato. They the kiddos and DW had it on buns.
- In a crock pot, place one roast and pour the bottle of inexpensive barbecue.
- sauce over the roast.
- Add water to cover and cook on medium 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot.
- Drain sauce and 'shred' the beef by cutting it on the diagonal.
- Return roast to crock pot, add the bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce and meld together well.
- Cook another 2 hours on medium.
- Serve alone or make a sandwich with Kaiser rolls.
I made this w/ a beef rump roast and teriyaki BBQ sauce. I served it over veggie stir fry and white rice. Mmmm! Will make teriyaki sandwiches w/ pinapple slices tomorrow.