Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I threw together this dish early one morning before going to a family breakfast picnic, and it was devoured quickly. Had to write up the "recipe" in order to duplicate in the future, it was truly awesome!
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 3 cups frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Layer sausage, potatoes, and cheese in a 7x10 greased pan.
- Mix soup, eggs, and milk together and pour over ingredients in pan.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
Very good! Made 1/2 the recipe and used plain hashbrowns (no peppers/onion) and it was great. Cooked for 37 minutes to get the middle set but otherwise made as directed. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
I made this as written. When it was ready to serve, I found a lot of liquid in the bottom. To avoid this in the future, I would first put 2 slices of cubed bread on the bottom. This really fills a 7x10 baking dish, so pour the soup mixture carefully. Topped with extra cheese the last 5 minutes of baking. This was made for Preemie Care Center during Fall 2011 PAC
First of all, I used mild Italian sausage & as well as a can of cream of potato soup instead of the mushroom kind! Second of all, the whole thing was absolutely delicious! Maybe not the best for us, what with the saturated fat & the cholesterol, but still delicious, & after all, once in a while, the 2 of us can put up with a breakfast like this, for sure! thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]