Recipe by thegroovemaniac
This is a chili brew with a lot of hearty chili flavor and tang that will warm you inside and out.
- 3 lbs ground meat
- 2 large whole green peppers
- 2 large whole red peppers
- 2 -3 medium onions
- 25 ounces tomato sauce
- 5 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (regular kidney beans and hot kidney beans to your taste) or 5 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 2 -3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- DISCLAIMER: When I cook chili I like to play and experiment with it.
- Begin by cutting all fresh vegetables involved.
- Brown the ground meat in a large frying pan or skillet.
- Heat peeled tomatoes, tomato sauce in a very large pot on medium to low heat. Begin adding chili seasoning.
- The next steps are every 10-15 minutes.
- Add browned ground meat and onions.
- Add beans and peppers at your preference. You may like it crammed with stuff like I do.
- I add the cumin, red chili pepper, black pepper and salt along the way to preference.
- Add the fresh diced tomatoes 30 minutes before you plan to serve.