Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great meat dish served with a side of pasta. Very little prep work and a great tasting dinner your family will rave about. Add a green salad! Delicious!!
- 1 lb top round steak
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 ounces pasta sauce (I use homemade, but jar sauce would work also)
- Pound steak thin with a mallet or side of a cleaver.
- Sprinkle cheese, garlic, and raisins on steak.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll tightly and tie securely with string.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown on each side.
- Drop into your favorite simmering red sauce for 2 hours or until tender.
- (I like to cook in the crockpot on high for several hours to get the best results.) Remove from sauce, cool slightly and remove strings before serving.
I made these tonight as directed I didn't grate the cheese but just used some thin slices of grana padino (think thats right)but after browning along with some meatballs and sausages I deglazed with some red wine and added 2 cans of tomatoes and 1 crushed lots of garlic and oregano and simmered for a few hours I love braciola with raisins I like that bit of sweet they give Very good easy recipe thanks for posting