Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy and sooo yummy. Got this recipe when I worked at Knott's Berry Farm. "Cooking" time is chilling time. Shortbread cookie crumbs should total the 1 1/2 cup, its hard to get the recipe to write up that way. Also note the divided use of the jam.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup boysenberry jam, divided use (Knott's Berry Farm seedless)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, toasted
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press into 9 inch pie pan.
- Blend together (only) 1/4 cup jam, cream cheese and melted chocolate.
- Spread into bottom and up the sides of the crust.
- Stir together ice cream and (only) 1/4 cup jam.
- Spoon into pie to fill.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Top with remaining jam and toasted almonds.
Knott's Berry Farm was THE PLACE to go when my kids were small & the 'farm' itself still had no entrance fee ~ And, the boysenberry jam, OUTSTANDING, as is this GREAT ICE CREAM PIE! This is so easy to prepare & the chocolate & toasted almonds make for wonderful additions! Will certainly make this again at times over the coming warmer months! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]