Recipe by Zeph's Wife
Easy and sooo yummy. Got this recipe when I worked at Knott's Berry Farm. "Cooking" time is chilling time. Shortbread cookie crumbs should total the 1 1/2 cup, its hard to get the recipe to write up that way. Also note the divided use of the jam.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Knott's Berry Farm was THE PLACE to go when my kids were small & the 'farm' itself still had no entrance fee ~ And, the boysenberry jam, OUTSTANDING, as is this GREAT ICE CREAM PIE! This is so easy to prepare & the chocolate & toasted almonds make for wonderful additions! Will certainly make this again at times over the coming warmer months! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup boysenberry jam, divided use (Knott's Berry Farm seedless)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press into 9 inch pie pan.
- Blend together (only) 1/4 cup jam, cream cheese and melted chocolate.
- Spread into bottom and up the sides of the crust.
- Stir together ice cream and (only) 1/4 cup jam.
- Spoon into pie to fill.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Top with remaining jam and toasted almonds.