Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Living so close to Knott's Berry Farm, I use their brand. My DH waits for this dinner to rotate up on the menu, he enjoys it that much. I may teach him how to cook it for me.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, divided into 1/4 cups
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices ham, thin,can use deli ham
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 1⁄3 cups chicken broth, divided,1/3 cup chilled
- 1 cup medium dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup boysenberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped fine
- In a large saute pan brown chicken breasts in a 1/4 Cup butter, continue saueting until cooked through- about 10- 12 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg- set aside on a large platter keeping warm Saute ham slices in pan juices, set aside with chicken.
- Using same saute pan heat 1/4 butter saute mushrooms till shiny, sprinkle with lemon juice, slowly cook for about 2 minutes- set aside with chicken and ham Heat remaining 1/4 Cup butter in saute pan, add onion cooking until tender.
- Blend into sauteed onions 2 Cups of broth, wine and perserves.
- stirring well and cooking 5 minutes.
- reseason with any additional salt, pepper or nutmeg to your taste.
- Blend cornstarch into remaining cold broth.
- Add to sauce, cook and stir until thickened.
- On a bed of cooked rice top with a chiken breast, ham slice and mushrooms.
- Top with sauce.
- Garnish with parsley.