Recipe by keen5
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but I believe they are of a Mennonite cookbook. Prep time is approximate.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups cooking oats
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter or margarine and sugars in large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Sift flour and baking soda and mix alternately with oats.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on cookiesheet and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.