Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Boyd's Best Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water (2 Cup cold water, 1/2 Cup Lukewarm Water)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 6 -7 cups flour
- In large bowl:.
- Mix 2 cups of cold water with oil, sugar and salt. Set aside for a minute. Mix 1/2 of a cup of lukewarm water with two packages of dry yeast. Let yeast mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture to the cold water mixture and add a teaspoon of salt.
- Add one cup at a time, 6 to 7 cups of flour until dough is not sticky. Spray cooking spray in large bowl and lay dough in bowl, roll dough over so oil will coat the top of the dough. Cover dough with a moist towel and set dough next to oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- When dough doubles in size (approximately 2 hours), dump dough onto floured counter and knead dough for a couple of minutes. Shape into 2 separate loves and add to a well greased bread pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until gold brown and until it sounds hollow when taping with a wooden spoon. If making rolls, bake for about 20 minutes.