I was a girl scout and we never had these delicious apples. So thanks to The Deen brothers for giving up the recipe! From their cookbook, Get Fired Up! You can substitute your favorite jam for the raspberry, just make sure it goes with apples. If using salted butter(or margarine) you can eliminate the salt in the ingredients.
- Core the apples and peel off a strip around the equator(middle) of each apple to prevent bursting.
- Mash together the butter, sugar or jam, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Fill each apple cavity with some of the mixture and wrap each apple individually in aluminum foil.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat.
- Place the apple packets on the grill. Close the cover and cook until the fruit is just tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from grill, unwrap carefully, and enjoy!