1/1 Photo of Boxty Pancakes
Charlotte J's Note:
You can eat as a pancake or fill like a Taco with bangers and sauteed peppers. I also like a few onions in my Banger Boxty.....From Food Network Note: This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces potatoes, freshly cooked (225 grams)
- 8 ounces raw potatoes, peeled (225 grams)
- 8 ounces white flour (225 grams or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, sifted (1/2 Irish teaspoon bread soda)
- 8 -12 fluid ounces buttermilk (225 to 300 millileters/1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- butter, for frying
- 1Peel the cooked potatoes while they are still hot, drop into a bowl and mash immediately.
- 2Grate the raw potatoes, add to the mashed potatoes with the flour and sifted bread soda.
- 3Mix well, and add enough buttermilk to make a stiff batter.
- 4Heat a frying pan, grease with butter and cook large or small pancakes in the usual way.
- 5Eat them straight from the pan with butter, crispy rashers or pure Irish honey.
- 6*Note: an Irish tablespoon is the same quantity as an American tablespoon plus a teaspoon.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boxty Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 93.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.4 g