Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this in a sort of promotion for St. Patrick's day and it was actually really good. They turn out quite well if you fry them quickly and pop them in the oven.
- 354.88 ml raw potatoes
- 354.88 ml mashed potatoes
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Grate raw potato and mix with the cooked mashed potato.
- Add salt, pepper and flour.
- Beat egg and add to mixture with milk to produce batter that drops from a spoon.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle or frying pan.
- Cook over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
I have made this recipe many times. I usually add dried parsley and finely chopped green onions with the tops. I also add oil to the batter so it will be able to turn over to cook each side. I was told this was a German recipe but I think many countries claim it.