Recipe by Cate <3
Found this in a sort of promotion for St. Patrick's day and it was actually really good. They turn out quite well if you fry them quickly and pop them in the oven.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I have made this recipe many times. I usually add dried parsley and finely chopped green onions with the tops. I also add oil to the batter so it will be able to turn over to cook each side. I was told this was a German recipe but I think many countries claim it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate raw potato and mix with the cooked mashed potato.
- Add salt, pepper and flour.
- Beat egg and add to mixture with milk to produce batter that drops from a spoon.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle or frying pan.
- Cook over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.