Recipe by Debbb
I was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover turkey and found this one in a Crockpot Cookbook. A few modifications later, I had a family-friendly, low-fat soup.
Top Review by KeyWee
This is a tasty and simple soup. I had cooked chicken on hand, so used that instead of turkey. Otherwise, followed the recipe as posted. I am sure I'll be making this again as I can see it would make a great "clean out the fridge" soup. You could throw just about any fresh or leftover veggies, rice, etc. and let your crockpot simmer all day. Thanks for this one, Debbbbbbb!
- 6 cups boiling water
- 8 packets oxo chicken bouillon
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (796 ml) can tomatoes with juice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Oxo and boiling water.
- Add to crockpot.
- Dump tomatoes into crockpot and mash gently.
- Add turkey, carrots, celery, onion, rice, parsley and thyme.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours (or on High for 6 hours).
- This can be combined and refrigerated overnight before cooking.