Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover turkey and found this one in a Crockpot Cookbook. A few modifications later, I had a family-friendly, low-fat soup.
- Combine Oxo and boiling water.
- Add to crockpot.
- Dump tomatoes into crockpot and mash gently.
- Add turkey, carrots, celery, onion, rice, parsley and thyme.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours (or on High for 6 hours).
- This can be combined and refrigerated overnight before cooking.
This is a tasty and simple soup. I had cooked chicken on hand, so used that instead of turkey. Otherwise, followed the recipe as posted. I am sure I'll be making this again as I can see it would make a great "clean out the fridge" soup. You could throw just about any fresh or leftover veggies, rice, etc. and let your crockpot simmer all day. Thanks for this one, Debbbbbbb!
I made this with a 4-oz can of tomato paste and beau monde seasoning. Yum, yum! I am going to save this recipe for after Thanksgiving.
Very good soup. I made several minor changes to it to suit my family's taste, but the basic soup is there. I will certainly make this one again. Thank you!