Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
1. To give you that extra energy boost if you are one of those crazy boxing day shoppers! 2. Great recipe to make from leftover Halloween or Christmas candy or pick up the ingredients cheap on Boxing Day! This is my adaptation from a recipe originally published in Better Homes and Gardens... Feel free to substitute candies and let me know if it works (I'm thinking Snickers, chocolate covered cranberries, crushed oreo cookies... endless possibilities!)
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Twix candy bar, chopped (two packages regular size Twix = 4 bars)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate covered almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix theTwix bars, almonds, walnuts, and graham cracker crumbs together in a bowl with half of the M&Ms (1/4 cup).
- Place butter into a square (8 inch) baking pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Place pan in oven until butter melts.
- Tilt the pan in different directions until it is coated with butter.
- Dump the bowl contents into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Pour the condensed milk over the mixture.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms (1/4 cup) on top.
- Press everything down hard.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (edges will get brown).
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.