Recipe by Cinnamon1025
This wonderful and easy recipe was given to me by a friend. It can become a completely different cake each time you make it, by using different flavors of cake mix & pudding. cooking time includes refrigeration time.
Top Review by CSinVanWA
We used to have this when I was a kid. We like to use vanilla cake and pudding and top with fresh sliced strawberries OR yellow cake with chocolate pudding and top with sliced bananas!
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix
- 2 eggs, to prepare cake
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, to prepare cake
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant pudding mix
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box, using a 13x9 pan.
- Remove cake from oven and using the handle of a wooden spoon, immediately poke holes in the cake about 1 inch apart, making sure to go all the way down to cake bottom.
- Combine pudding mix and sugar in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in the milk and beat on low speed for about 1 minute with an electric mixer (do not over beat).
- Quickly, before pudding thickens, pour about half of the thin pudding mix evenly over the warm cake and into the holes.
- Allow the remaining pudding to thicken slightly, and then use it to frost the cake.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving, and keep stored in the refrigerator.