Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a combination of recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces evaporated milk (regular)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces hot sausage
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- Bring water to a boil for the bow ties. Cook for 12 minute Let drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick, skillet. Add the sausage and cook until not longer pink. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the cubed chicken, parsley and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is opaque and cooked through about 8 minutes. Remove to bowl.
- Add the onion and orange pepper and cook 2-3 minute Remove to bowl.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir just until mixed.
- Add the evaporated milk, regular milk and chicken broth and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the Asiago cheese, stirring just until the cheese melts smoothly into the sauce. Set aside.
- Add the Asiago sauce and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- cook the bow tie pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy.
- To the sauce add the chicken, sausage and onion/peppers mixture. Then add drained bow ties. Toss to combine and heat through. Serve immediately, with additional grated Asiago cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.