1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe is for all dog lovers. I have been making this recipe for many years and all dogs just love these biscuits as a treat. Depending on the size of your pet, give your smaller pet say 2 a day and larger ones can be given more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1BISCUITS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix together 2 cups beef-vegetable puree', skim milk powder, wheat germ and whole-wheat flour.
- 3Dough will be a bit sticky, add more flour if necessary.
- 4Wearing plastic gloves, roll dough into small balls (size of walnuts).
- 5Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- 6Flatten slightly with a fork that is dipped in flour.
- 7Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Turn oven off, open oven door slightly and let the cookies cool in the oven and to dry out.
- 9The Bowser Biscuits keep your dog very regular.
- 10If biscuits are to be kept longer than 7 days, place in a container with lid and store in the refrigerator.
- 11BEEF/VEGETABLE PUREE: Cut meat into small cubes.
- 12In a large mixing bowl, add meat cubes, sprinkle over with flour and mix well to coat.
- 13In a large frying pan, add vegetable oil and coated meat cubes and fry until lightly browned.
- 14Add water, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- 15Add diced potatoes, chopped carrots and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 16Transfer to a large cooking pot, add celery and peas and bring back to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 17Add additonal water if required so that mixture is not dry.
- 18Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 19Puree' mixture in a food processor or blender in batches.
- 20Ladle puree' into 1 cup freezable containers.
- 21Label with name and date; then freeze.
- 22Use as required for Bowser Biscuits.
- 23You may add any other vegetable to the mixture that your dog may like.
- 24This yields about 10 cups of puree'.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bowser Biscuits & Beef/vegetable Puree
Serving Size: 1 (4307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 35.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast