Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Grilled Italian bread brushed with olive oil and garlic topped with fresh diced tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella cheese. From Cafe Lucci :O) I will put in an estimate for the time.
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 slices crusty Italian bread
- olive oil, for brushing bread
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 8 ounces ovolini, cut into 12 slices (2 4oz fresh mozzarella cheese balls)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix thoroughly to incorporate ingredients and set aside to marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with olive oil and rub each side with garlic clove. Grill each slice of bread on both sides until lightly toasted.
- Spoon tomatoes over each slice of bread, top with a slice of fresh mozzarella and serve immediately.
Excellent bruschetta, used grape tomatoes and extra garlic. Made it for a party and it was thefirst to go. Let the topping soak for an hour and it came out excellent. thanks