Recipe by Likkel
I was given this recipe by one of my ex-husband's friend who is an avid hunter and obviously a great cook! This is a great chili recipe whether you use venison or beef--or any combination of the two!
- 2 lbs venison steak or 2 lbs beef steaks
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef
- 4 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 4 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili con carne, with no beans (for texture)
- 4 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (Classico with basil)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 ounces hot sauce (It's not that hot with all the other ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Panfry the steak or stew meat in a bit of olive oil. Splash on a little soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and Grill Mates Montreal seasoning (excellent)on the meat. Then cut up into 1/2 bite size.
- Brown your ground meat in a pan and drain any grease (There will be very little with venison).
- At the same time, in a large pot, put the beans (draining them prior to adding), tomatoes, con carne, chili powder, spaghetti sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, splash of Tabasco (to taste), pepper, etc. Let this heat on medium-low while browning & seasoning the meat.
- Add both the browned ground meat and cut up steak pieces into the large pot of beans. Let it simmer for about 1/2 of an hour or more. Stir occasionally so as not to scorch the chili at the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with grated cheese (the pre-grated Mexican variety in a bag works well) and corn bread is a nice compliment.