Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chocolate isn't safe for dogs, so this recipe uses carob instead
Make and share this Bow-Wow Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup carob chips
- 1⁄4 cup carob powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend oil and honey in a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased 15- by 10-inch baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
This recipe is from Arden Moore's book, Real Food for Dogs. At first the 15x10 pan dimension seemed a bit big for the batter, but it worked out perfectly. 15x10 is the dimension of my jelly roll pan. Made these for my Irish Setter's second birthday party. Frosted with Bow-Wow Brownie Frosting #449129, Bow-Wow Brownie Frosting.