In response to a request. From Detroit Free Press Cookbook (1984)
My Private Note
large d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons meat drippings or 8 tablespoons bacon drippings or 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons beef broth or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice water (more if necessary)
- 1In large bowl or food processor container, combine flour, wheat germ, dry milk, salt, garlic powder and brown sugar.
- 2Cut in, or process, meat, bacon drippings or margarine into mixture, until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Add egg and broth--through feeder tube with machine running, if a processor is used--and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add crumbled bacon or grated cheese if desired.
- 5Add ice water as needed to form mixture into a ball.
- 6If processor is used, add water through feeder tube with machine running, just as mixture leaves the side of the bowl and starts forming a ball on metal blades.
- 7Pat or roll out dough on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 8Cut into bone biscuit shapes (cutters are available in many kitchen stores) or any cookie shape.
- 9Place on cookie sheet lined with foil and oiled lightly.
- 10Bake at 350F 30 minutes, or until quite hard and brown at the edges.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Wow Biscuits for Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: