Recipe by grandma2969
be sure to use the brand of real bacon bits..not the crunchy baco;s type..for the unprocessed wheat bran..look in the cereal aisle..sometimes called millers bran..
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 2 (3 ounce) jars bacon bits
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- place first 3 ingredients in medium mixing bowl -- blend with a whisk.
- add egg, oil and water.mix.dough will be sticky.
- shape dough into balls the size of small pecans.( or smaller balls for smaller dogs.
- place on sprayed baking sheet.
- bake at 325* for 30 minutes.