Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my quick way of doing a large lasagna good and cheesy.
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cooked ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, any flavor but best with a good chunky one and a roasted garlic
- 2 (16 ounce) containers cottage cheese
- 16 ounces shredded 5 Italian cheese blend
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- salt and pepper
- In the cooked beef add the sauce and garlic simmer on low.
- After the bow-tie are drained really well put the cottage cheese and one of the shredded chesses in and mix well.
- In a 13x9 bake dish layer first part if the sauce and then half of the bow tie mixture.
- Then repeat until all is gone. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 until heated through and cheese is melted.
- I also think this would be good to add veggies such as grated zucchini and mushroom or any you would like.
Great, easy and tasty recipe! I used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 hot pork sausage for the meat and added 1/2 an onion and 2 T minced garlic while browning. As I was going from my memory of the ingredients while at the store, I mistakenly picked up 1 container of ricotta cheese instead of 2 containers of cottage cheese. No worries...it worked perfectly. :) Lastly, I cut the pasta down to a 16 oz. box and added a bit more Italian cheese. Thanks for sharing this great pasta recipe, kittycara. It was wonderful!