Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
This is a great vegetarian recipe from the Australian Women's Weekly Great Fast Recipes collection. As usual for Sussan recipes, it's quick, easy and yummy! Could be a bit light for people who prefer meat with their meals though - we accompanied it with crumbed chicken and loved it. For vegos, could go well with jacket potatoes topped with maybe a mushroom cream sauce, or just sour cream and snipped shallots or chives.
Top Review by averybird
This made for a light and tasty dinner. It was also very fast to prepare. Not sure about using "medium" zucchini- I went by the suggested weight (12oz of zucchini and 12oz of squash) and this came out to 1 medium of each from my garden, which seemed to be the right amount. I added some lemon juice and extra zest to the batch too, in order to kick up the lemony flavor. Served with Asiago Cheese bagels. Thanks, Sussan. [Made for Bargain Basement Tag]
- 375 g bow tie pasta
- 3 medium yellow zucchini (360g)
- 3 medium green zucchini (360g)
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated (I used a tablespoon of lemon juice in its place)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large sacuepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, halve zucchini lengthways, slice halves thinly on the diagonal.
- Heat butter and oil in large frying pan.
- Cook zuchini and garlic over high heat stirring, unti zucchini is just tender
- Add stock; brng to a boil
- Reduce heat, add cream, lemon rind and chives.
- Stir until hot
- Place pasta in pan with zucchini sauce.
- Toss gently to combine.