Recipe by invictus
Mmmmmm if you love blue cheese and you love pasta you have got to try this. I adapted this from a recipe out of a quick fix meals cookbook.
Top Review by FOREVER YOUNG
This was so good. My husband made this for me for Mothers Day. I'm not a blue Cheese person, but I really enjoyed the bow ties with the creamy sauce. We did use about 1/4 more blue cheese at the end and left out the nuts because he's allergic to nuts. Great job, Heidi, this is a definite keeper.
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oli in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme, salt, and pepper until well combined and thyme is fragrant. Add this mixture to the pasta and combine.
- Heat the milk in a large skillet over medium heat. When tiny bubbles appear around the edges of the pan, reduce the heat to low and stir in the sour cream, and blue cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Add the peas and stir until heated through, about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the walnuts and parsley.