Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had this wonderful meal in a great little Italian restaurant in LA and found this recipe in Italian Cooking & Living. This is wonderfully easy and tasty
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup string bean, steamed and sliced
- 10 ounces tuna in olive oil, drained
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 5 qts of water to a boil, add the salt and paste.
- Cook until al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and place into a large bowl.
- Toss with 1 Tbs of the olive oil.
- Stir in the artichokes, olives, tomatoes, and string beans.
- Toss well and add the tuna, crumbled with a fork.
- Season with the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss and serve.
The tuna & the vegetables combined with the pasta to make this a very sophisticated & flavorful meal. I omitted the olives, as I am not fond of them, and had to substitute egg noodles, as I didn't have enough bow tie pasta. I also scaled the recipe back to feed three. I had a bit of asparagus in the fridge & I am sorry I didn't toss that in too as I think it would have been a good addition. I think you could play quite a bit with this basic recipe, depending on what you had on hand & come out with a very nice meal. Thanks, Tish, I know this will be made often.
This was a great dish, it was easy to make and very colorful. I did add some Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning and some parmesan cheese, but it was fine without it. Thanks for sharing.
yum! i made this b/c i had most of the ingredients - no tomatoes though. but it was good anyway, warm. i bet better cold! thanks so much.